- Why should I call in?
Students should call in to register attendance, ask a question, respond to the instructor's question, and participate in a discussion.
- When should I call for attendance?
You should call in at the beginning of class, or when the instructor requests it.
- What number do I call?
The classroom number is toll-free (888) 886-3951.
Please note you will need the phone participation passcode. Phone participation numbers are issued from the instructor.
- Must I call in for every class session?
Yes. It is strongly encouraged, but only call in when you are actually watching the class.
- How do I talk to the instructor?
After registering for attendance, you may talk to the instructor anytime. You must be registered and listed on the roster. Once your registration is verified, the instructor will issue a phone participation passcode. When you call will be asked to enter the session passcode then your call will be forwarded into the classroom. Please remember, it may take a few seconds for the instructor to respond.
- Can someone else call in for me?
- My name isn't on the roster yet. Can I still talk to the instructor?
No, not with out the participation passcode.
- I'm videotaping the class because I can't watch it live. If I call in during class, but I'm not watching, does my attendance count?
No. You must be watching the class to receive credit for attendance. If you are taping the class the instructor must approve your absence as in any other class. We do not encourage taping, except for reviewing purposes.
- Can I talk to the instructor anytime during class?
Yes! You may call in anytime during class to talk to the instructor or to ask a question.
- I'm enrolled at El Dorado Center/Rancho Cordova Center. Do I have to attend class there?
Regardless of where you enrolled, you have the option of viewing over cable (see question 19) or you may attend class at any of our sites that are set up to receive the class. Please note not all sites are capable of receiving broadcasts. Check the site's class schedule to insure viewing capability.
- How do I turn in my assignments?
You may turn them in at the closest site in the "Homework" drop box or at an ITV designated area.
- How do I get my class handouts?
All handouts are located in a vertical file holder located at FLC in the Personal Learning Environment next to the Distance Education desk. EDC/RCC/ ask for assistance in locating the appropriate location.
- How do I know what book I need for class?
The bookstore lists books by course code. The instructors also list the required text in their syllabus.
- My campus bookstore doesn't have the textbook. What do I do?
Contact the FLC bookstore and request a copy. If they do not have one, contact your instructor.
- How do I know when there is an exam?
Your instructor may list the test dates in the syllabus, but they will also announce test dates during class.
- How do I take an exam?
You may take the exam during the scheduled time at the main campus or at one of the outreach centers. If you can't be on site at the scheduled time, instructors offer a window that USUALLY includes the two days/evenings prior to the exam. No exams will be given after the scheduled day/time without approval from the instructor. Be sure that you understand the testing policy of each of your instructors. If you plan to take an exam before the scheduled time, call your instructor to arrange a time.
- How do I get the results of an exam?
They will be at the main campus or at one of the outreach centers. Otherwise, contact your instructors.
- What classroom is the class in?
Folsom Lake College (live from FLC): Room FL1-109
El Dorado Center (live from FLC): Room 215C
Rancho Cordova Center (live from FLC): Room RCC 14
- What channel is my class on?
Comcast in El Dorado County - Channel 18
Comcast in Sacramento County - Channel 18
SureWest Sacramento - Channel 18 (8am-2pm)
- How do I view a class I missed?
Class recording can be accessed online at http://media.flc.losrios.edu. Students assessing this site off campus will need to contact the instructor and obtain a username and password.
- Can I view class recordings with out a username and password?
Yes, class recordings can be watched online with out a username and password IF you assess http://media.flc.losrios.edu from a campus computer.
- Where do I call if I'm having a cable problem?
Call 916-608-6516. Identify your cable company and describe the problem. We'll check it out from there.
- How do I enroll in an ITV class?
Just as you would any other class - through Admissions and Records at Folsom Lake College, El Dorado Center or Rancho Cordova Center. You can also register online or over the telephone.
- Are Folsom Lake College classes able to be seen on DISH or Direct TV?
NO. Our classes cannot be seen on DISH or Direct TV. COMCAST Cable TV provides the only access for our classes to our home based students.
- Why are our evening classes not seen on Sacrament County COMCAST Cable TV in the evening?
Due to cable access limitations, we are not able to provide classes on COMCAST Cable TV for Sacramento County after 2 PM in the afternoon. Therefore, no evening classes are offered in Sacramento County. In El Dorado County our classes ARE offered on COMCAST Cable TV in the evening since, we DO have evening access in El Dorado County.